Nominations are invited for the Division of Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering’s Cooperative Research Award in Polymer Science and Engineering Sponsored by the Eastman Kodak Company. The Division believes that this award is unique, relevant and timely to today’s research environment. It is given to recognize and encourage sustained cooperative research between industrial and academic or industrial and national laboratory scientists. The cooperative research must be of significant importance to polymer science and technology.
The award was established in the fall of 1992 and is supported by a generous gift from the Eastman Kodak Company. It consists of $5,000, a plaque, and up to a maximum of $1,500.00 travel allowance to attend the meeting at which the award is presented. The awardee(s) is expected to give a lecture at the meeting. The important points about the award are listed below:
- The nominee(s) for this award must have a documented record (patents, publications, etc.) of sustained, intensive cooperative and collaborative research across the university/industry or national laboratory/industry interface.
- This award can be an individual award or can be shared between an academic and an industrial scientist or between a scientist from national laboratory and an industrial scientist.
- If the research is carried out by a group of scientists from academia, national laboratory, or industry, the nomination should also highlight the contributions made by each researcher in the group.
- The 2020 award will be presented at the 259th National Meeting & Exposition, March 22-26, 2020, Philadelphia at the PMSE Awards Reception.
- Nominations for the 2020 award will be accepted until August 15, 2019. Please send nomination materials in PDF format to Sadhan C. Jana, Department of Polymer Engineering, University of Akron, OH 44325-0301, email@example.com.
The nomination should include brief curriculum vitae of the candidate(s) and significant evidence of the collaborative research including supporting letter(s) explaining the significance of the research.
Please visit the award page for more information.