Resources for Knowledge
MACRO is a newly created committee that is being support by both the POLY and PMSE divisions of ACS. Current leadership includes Philip Costanzo from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (POLY) and Dominik Konkolewicz Miami University, Ohio (PMSE). See their webpage at https://macro-poly-pmse.org/
Public courses on Polymer Science are available from the following sources:
- MIT, Synthesis of Polymers – Taught in Fall 2006 by Prof. Paula Hammond
- MIT, Polymer Physics – Taught in Spring 2007 by Prof. Ned Thomas
- SPI PlasticsU – An online learning center for industrial production and manufacturing of polymers
- Indian Institute of Technology, Science and Technology of Polymers – Online lectures and course notes
- Akron Global Polymer Academy – Polymer lessons for K-12
- Chemical Heritage Foundation – The site describes various polymers through readings, activities and tutorials
- The Essential Chemical Industry – Descriptions of the chemical industry, including polymers. Developed by the University of York
- Materials Science and Technology Teacher’s Workshop – Lesson plans, ideas, and teaching modules developed by the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at UIUC
- Polymer Ambassadors – Polymer activities for K-12 classroom teachers
- Polymers for Kids from the Polymer Science Learning Center
- Polymer Zone – Polymer lessons and activities, from the British Plastics Federation
- POLYED – The homepage for the National Center for Polymer Education, providing information about polymers for educators at all levels
- Plastics Make it Possible – Articles, videos, and activities from PLASTICS Industry AssociatioBlah
In Spring 2015, PMSE voted to stop publishing PMSE Preprints in conjunction with national ACS meetings. The Spring 2015 volume of PMSE Preprints (Vol. 112) is the final volume to be published. This website provides ordering, access, historical, and other information regarding all existing volumes of PMSE Preprints.
PMSE News Archives and Newsletters
Please go to the separate page with a full list of PMSE news releases.
Archived newsletters are available from 2002 to 2020.