ACS Fall Meeting Update
The Fall 2020 ACS National Meeting and Expo has become virtual! Make sure the technical requirements are met before joining the conference.
PMSE will have the open an d free Young Investigator & Future Faculty Social Hour and Career Panel. Along with daily Membership Desk Zoom calls if you have questions on your membership, volunteering, or interest in host a symposium.
Who We Are
PMSE was founded in 1924 as an association of scientists with an interest in understanding how to improve and understand paints and other polymeric coatings. The complex interactions and optimization between the polymeric material, solvents, substrates, and end use required a collaborative effort to understand fundamental property interactions. PMSE maintain this focus: connecting the unique design, functionality, engineering, and properties of macromolecular materials to make new and exciting applications for the world’s challenges.
Advancing Polymer Research
Focused on scientific discovery and research across macromolecular disciplines and their interaction with other scientific and engineering fields
Developing New Members
Developmental symposium and awards help promote new researchers and expose new ideas to the broader community
Connecting Our Community
Join PMSE and become a member of a supportive professional network of active and diverse members
News and Updates
- 2024 Cooperative Research Award Winner to Frank S. Bates, Hung-Jue Sue, Nikhil Verghese and Ha PhamFrank S. Bates1, Hung-Jue Sue2, Nikhil Verghese3, Ha Pham4 1University of Minnesota, 2Texas A&M University, 3 Dow Chemical Company (Currently SABIC), 4 Dow Chemical Company (retired) The Cooperative Research Award in Polymer Science and Engineering recognizes the cooperative research between industrial and academic or industrial and national laboratory scientists. The winners of the 2024 Cooperative Research Award are the collaborative … Read more
- 2024 PMSE Future Leaders Announced for 100th Centennial CelebrationSixteen graduate and post-doctoral researchers have been selected to present at the special PMSE 100th Centennial symposium, Future Leaders of Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering. These sixteen presenters will highlight their current contributions to their respective fields.
- 2023 Fall Arthur K. Doolittle Award to Prof Hiroshi JinnaiThe Arthur K Doolittle Award recognizes an outstanding presentation during a PMSE symposium at each of the Fall and Spring ACS National Meetings. For the 2023 Fall ACS National Meeting, the award committee is pleased to announce Prof. Hiroshi Jinnai as the Arthur K. Doolittle Award winner. Professor Hiroshi JinnaiTohoku University “Nanoscale Static and Dynamic Characterization of Polymer Hierarchical Structures for Sustainable … Read more
- 2023 Fall PMSE Poster WinnersA distinguished group of Judges from industry, academia, and government laboratories had the task of determining the winners of the PMSE Best Poster Competition at the Fall ACS meeting in San Francisco. Congratulations to our winners, who were also recognized at the POLY/PMSE Awards Reception. NICHOLAS KREOFSKYUniversity of Minnesota Cinchona Alkaloid Polymers Demonstrate Highly Efficient Gene Delivery Dependent on Stereochemistry, … Read more
- 2023 Eastman Chemical Student Award in Applied Polymer ScienceDivya IyerUniversity of California, Los Angeles The PMSE Division is pleased to announce that Divya Iyer is the winner of the 2023 Eastman Chemical Student Award in Applied Polymer Science. This award, sponsored by Eastman Chemical Company and administered by the PMSE Division, is given for the best paper presented at the Eastman Chemical Student Award Symposium as part of the PMSE program. The Eastman … Read more
- 2024 PMSE Distinguished Service Award to Prof. Dominik KonkolewiczProf. Dominik KonkolewiczMiami University The PMSE Distinguished Service Award is given to recognize extensive, sustained contributions and service to the Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering (PMSE) Division. The first awardee was recognized in 1993, and it has continued as a yearly award. This year we are proud to announce the 2023 PMSE Distinguished Service Award Winner, Dr. Peter Johnson. Dominik Konkolewicz … Read more
- Dr. Jean-Christophe Leroux Wins the 2023 Bioconjugate Chemistry Lectureship AwardThis year’s recipient is Dr. Jean-Christophe Leroux, full Professor in Drug Formulation and Delivery and head of the Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences at ETH Zurich. “Professor Leroux is an innovative leader in the field of drug delivery, where his research group has made numerous advancements in clinical translation in this space,” says Theresa Reineke, Editor-in-Chief of Bioconjugate Chemistry. “We are … Read more
- Graduate Student Travel Award to Atalaya Wilborn, Hannah Dedmon, and Elizabeth MurphyPMSE is proud to announce the three winners of Graduate Student Travel Award for the Fall 2023 ACS Meeting in Indianapolis and invites you to attend their presentations. Atalaya WilbornHarvard UniversityAdvisor: Professor Joanna Aizenberg Dynamic Gaussian Shape Morphs via Magnetically Aligned Liquid Crystal Elastomer Films Symposium: General Papers/New Concepts in Polymeric Materials – Sunday, August 13, 11:45 AM, Marriott Marquis, Golden … Read more